This course is about the fundamental function of Facility Management. It provides background and some history as well as the main responsibilities within the profession.
It also discusses titles and roles so you understand terms and titles used within the profession and will understand what it means to be a Property Manager, Asset Manager, Estate Manager and many other functions. This is because the profession is very diverse depending on whether you are a tenant, landlord or owner-occupier.
The course also explores the differences between in-house and outsourced services along with the knowledge and skills you need. The various career paths and how Facility Managers gain education in this field are also discussed.
Give you an understanding of the Facility Management profession and industry so you can recognize the differences in the roles, responsibilities and titles along with the different types of facility types and company types involved in facility management as well as the skills and knowledge needed to perform within the profession.
- Learn about all the responsibilities within Facility Management and why it is an important profession.
- Understand the differences in titles and roles between organizations and countries.
- Know the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in the industry.
- Find out what is changing in the industry.
The course is split into lessons and topics so you can proceed at your own pace and even in different order.
The course includes the following techniques to present information and help you learn:
- Text for you to read
- Interactive elements
- Whiteboard video with audio